25 Days of Beachy Christmas Music. What a cool idea. You could just LIKE my Facebook page, Crafty Beachcomber, to get a daily dose of beach themed Christmas songs but I’ll give you a list to go by in case you want to make your own online music list.
What I’ve come up with are the following. Some have Youtube videos available to watch, some don’t but they’re all available somewhere, somehow for you to enjoy this Christmas season. I won’t include any links because of licensing.
It’s a no-brainer to first go to the Beach Boys for some songs but there are plenty others that are tops on my list. These are from artists like Bing Crosby, The Embers, Jimmy Buffet, Squirrel Nut Zippers and more.
The beach changes us. It gets into our soul. It’s a culture that you either love or hate but if you love it, it reminds you of the fun times you’ve had during the summer and to dream of having a warm, tropical, beach-side Christmas holiday is something I bet most of us have done. Some of us (me included) have been fortunate to live coastal and experience the warm weather, sea breeze, salt spray and Christmas trees all in one setting. I’ve made, with the help of my family, snow men on the beach made from white Gulf Coast sand and a snow man kit which included a scarf, corncob pipe, buttons and a carrot nose. We’ve spent countless hours building castles, digging to China and swimming in the waves during the holiday season from Thanksgiving to New Years and beyond. We’ve gone to “Main Street” parties where snow falls from machines on the tops of buildings onto the tropical shoppers below. We’ve walked in flip flops and swim suits past Christmas trees set up near the beach where palm trees and flowering tropicals sway giving you the false sense of what season it really is. It’s just fun and strange at the same time. Growing up in Maryland, Christmas was cold, the trees were bare and the land was usually snow covered; except at the beach.
But my life is beach inspired (blame my parents) so I have incorporated this lifestyle into almost everything I do (and thankfully I found a soulmate with the same goals), regardless of where I live (currently inland). So I will share with you, my readers that I greatly appreciate, a list of wonderful songs that get me pumped for the season of Christmas, where ever I am. Can you think of others? Send me a note.
Merry Christmas, and God Bless.
1. Christmas in the Sand, Colbie Caillat
2. The Little Saint Nick, Beach Boys
3. Christmas in the Caribbean, Jimmy Buffet
4. All I Want for Christmas is a Really Good Tan, Kenny Chesney
5. Christmas on the Beach, Irene
6. Christmas Island, Andrew Sisters and Bing Crosby. Jimmy Buffet also does a great version.
7. Surf Rock Christmas, Ventures
8. It’s Gonna Be A Surfer’s Christmas, Morning Glass
9. Aloha Christmas, Dukes of Surf
10. I Love Christmas Music, Embers
11. Mele Kalikimaka, Bing Crosby
12. Christmas Surf-Noir Style, Bikini Beach Band
13. Christmas at the Beach, Uncle Moondog
14. A Kiwi Christmas, The Polka Dots
15. White Christmas, The Ventures
16. Christmas for Surfers, Wheeland Brothers
17. Mary’s Boy Child in a Cha Cha Style
18. Deck the Halls on Steel Drum, Lightning Jack
19. Calypso Noel, Beckett
20. Boogie Woogie Santa Claus, The Band of Oz
21. Captain Creedmore’s Cajun Crawfish Christmas, King Tyrone & The Graveyard Ramblers
22. Christmas on the Coast, John Barker & Mark Black
23. Carolina Christmas, Squirrel Nut Zippers
24. Tropical Christmas, Bellamy Brothers
25. Christmas in Jamaica, The Aracanians