The Huffington Post published an article this week titled “17 Signs You Are Addicted to the Ocean”.
Nice try but as usual I have to put in my 2 cents so here is my list of “10 Signs You Are Addicted to the Beach”:
- Your record collection and MP3 downloads are full of beach music
- Rainy weekends are spent watching old Frankie and Annette movies
- Your dining room centerpiece is a candle surrounded by seashells
- The only shoes in your closet are a dozen flip flops, a pair of workout shoes and something to wear to work.
- No matter how often you wash your clothes you still find sand in your pocket.
- Photo albums only contain photos of beach vacations
- Your bucket list is filled with coastal excursions
- The Christmas tree is decorated with seashells, star fish and hanging containers of sand
- You have a sand collection from all of the beaches you have ever visited.
- You are the only one in town with a surf board in your living room.
OK..so I came up with one more:
11. Your beach bag is ready to go, year ‘round, on your car’s front seat, next to the shovel you may need in case of snow.
What are your signs of addiction? I’d love to hear them.